Thursday, July 5, 2007

Pardon me

Pardon me...but I can't help but comment on this "Scooter" Libby situation.

Here is Hillary Clinton's comment on the pardon: "Today's decision is yet another example that this administration simply considers itself above the law". I wanted to respond immediately, but I was laughing so loud that my fingers could not work the key board.

Bill Clinton pardoned over 200 people including 147 "under the table" on his last day in office.

Today I heard this comment by a left wing pundit: "OK Clinton pardoned over 200 people but none were involved directly with him"...give me a break. Let's look at a few of them...

Marc Rich pardoned - he was wanted by the US government for evading over 45 million in taxes, and just by coincidence his ex wife donated over a million dollars to the Clinton library a few months before the pardon.

Henry Cisneros pardoned - Clinton's former HUD secretary who pleaded guilty to making false statements to federal officials

Roger Clinton pardoned - the Presidents half brother who was convicted of cocaine distribution in Arkansas

Susan McDougal pardoned - former Clinton business partner in jail over the Whitewater scandal.

Plus countless drug dealers, and other felons that in one way or another "supported" the Clintons. So you decide if none of the above "Were directly connected to the Clintons"

The beauty of our constitution is that it allows all citizens to speak freely...that's why I love Blogs. But for the Clintons to speak about "cronyism" in the Bush administration is laughable. The Clintons have written the book on "cronyism" and the book could be cast in bronze - Rodin would be proud.

1 comment:

Michael Strickland said...

It depends on what the definition of "directly involved" is. Bill Clinton could find multiple definitions of "is," so I'm sure he'd have a field day defining "directly involved."