Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Color Correctness"

Forget about political correctness; color correctness seems to be the latest controversy.

The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) is under fire for naming one of their main routes the "Yellow Line". Since this route goes through an Asian community local Asian-Americans in Atlanta are up in arms and demanding the name of the route be changed.

MARTA also has a Red Line, a Green Line, and a Blue line. How insensitive of the city of Atlanta having the gall to name a route the "Red Line". If I were an American Indian I would also demand a change. And to further complicate the situation we understand Al Sharpton is planning protests in Atlanta because they do NOT have a "Black Line", and even though some may think that would be discriminatory, he believes the African American community are being left out.

When I started thinking about this story I became upset. I have traveled the world, Tokyo, London, Paris, New York and almost all their subway systems are color coded...yet I have never seen a "White Line" and like Al Sharpton I am pissed.

No comments: